Major metropolitan client office relocation:
One of the largest investment alternatives advisory firms, with offices in New York and Los Angeles, engaged Reboot Networks to help develop a strategy, plan, coordinate and implement activities to move IT infrastructure to new offices in New York City. The client had signed a 10 year lease for an entire floor in a Madison Avenue high-rise.
The client had occupied a less accommodating office on 7th Avenue in New York. They needed to have everything moved in a manner and time period that would not disrupt or interfere with their business operations nor cause stress on their internal resources.
Impacts to the client had the office relocation not gone well:
If the relocation was not successful, the client would have experienced disruptions to,
- Critical business processes
- Employee productivity
- Delivery of outstanding customer experiences
- Reputation in the investment industry
Reboot engaged over in-house resources and other 3rd parties:
The client needed a strategic partner who had demonstrated a consistent ability to exceed their expectations and had a track record of success in accomplishing business critical IT infrastructure relocations.
The high-level summary of steps taken by Reboot to address the client’s relocation:
- Over a 48 day period Reboot Networks facilitated client planning, strategy and implementation meeting.
- Coordinated the New York Data Circuit Installations.
- Telecom Vendor management and coordination for PRI Installation.
- Audio Visual conferencing coordination and set-up with 3rd parties including Time Warner.
- Advised client on internet security issues.
- Worked with architect on floor layout and cabling planning for the new office site.
- Performed inter-site connectivity tests, configured IP address of WAN switch, updated SonicWall firmware and tested speed.
- Tested and programmed inbound DID lines.
- Coordinated and participated in the physical NYC office move.
- Office breakdown, decommission, pack-up and labeled all technology items for users.
- Setup and prepared all patch cabling for voice and data at the new site.
- Performed phone programming adjustments as requested by the client.
- Tested all items, wireless, printing, phone/voicemail, inbound calls, etc.
- Worked with 3rd party vendors to install/configure DSL, the firewall and PDU for DSL.
- Physical move of computer equipment, phones. Reconnection of phones to proper outlets
- Physical move of reception equipment.
- Troubleshot one-off break/fix issues.
- Performed full connectivity testing and confirmation of functionality.
- On-going monitoring of client IT infrastructure in New York and Southern California.
Resources Reboot utilized to address the client’s relocation:
Reboot Networks engaged its most experienced team, including its Operations Director, a principle of the business and several of its highest skilled technicians. On-site New York client meetings over the duration of the project demonstrated Reboot’s commitment to the client’s success.
The final outcome of Reboot’s efforts:
From October 2011 to January 2012 Reboot Networks facilitated client planning, strategy, vendor coordination/management and implementation meetings, resulting in the client having full IT infrastructure functionality, within the allotted time schedule, in their new Madison Avenue offices.
What did the client’s leadership say about Reboot Networks?
A key client executive wrote:
“Thank you very much for your excellent work in the planning and execution of our move to the new office in NY. This is an important move for us, and we could not have done it without your work. Our New York project manager, has been extremely complementary of the work done by Reboot on the planning side, and has said he’s rarely seen an out of town company supporting a move be as responsive as you have been.”